Parabilis engineers have extensive experience conceptualizing, designing, building, testing, and flying affordable propulsion systems and launch vehicles for manned and unmanned spaceflight. Our propulsion expertise ranges from small liquid bi-propellant RCS thrusters, to a high-performance H2O2/HTPB fueled upper-stage, to larger hybrid launch vehicles with >65,000 lbs. of thrust. Our team is committed to providing affordable space access that will help catalyze the emerging low-cost New Space industries. Learn more below about how we excel in developing affordable propulsion systems.
Over 35+ years of experience developing propulsion systems for manned and unmanned spaceflight.
- Designed and tested both bi-propellant and hybrid engines at our Test Site using:
- Successfully demonstrated variable-throttle hybrid rocket engine technologies.
- Developed custom pyrotechnic and spark ignition hardware for multiple motors.
- Developed innovative liquid injection thrust vector control technologies.
- Created Cryogenic Gelled Propellants and tested rheological properties.
- Established processes to analyze, and mitigating risks in propellant feed systems.
- Developed innovative Additive Manufactured components for rocket engines.
- Developed multi-port & complex fuel grain geometries demonstrating minimal residual.
- Experience designing and integrating launch vehicles and small spacecraft such as Atlas/Centaur, SpaceShipOne, SpaceShipTwo, DreamChaser, and Trailblazer.
Featured Propulsion Programs
Hybrid Upper Stage
Hydrogen Peroxide/HTPB Small Launch Vehicle Upper Stage
Monolithic Metallic 3D Printed LOx/Methane Reaction Control System (RCS) Thruster
Compact Hybrid Design for Long Duration Sample Return Missions from Lunar or Martian Surfaces
Methods and Capabilities
- Utilize multiple industry standard software tools.
- Utilize validated in-house analysis tools.
- Dynamic fluid system analysis.
- Internal ballistic codes for various hybrid fuel ports.
- Thermal/heat transfer of propulsion system components.
- In-house machining & assembling of propulsion systems.
- Propellant handling and propulsion testing experience.
- In-house testing for all propulsion components.
- System sizing and optimization for any spacecraft/vehicle.
- Iterative design processes, increasing adaptability and optimization abilities.
- Developed custom fuel grain motor pour vacuum processes and techniques.
- Extensive propulsion FEA analysis for extreme environments.
- Non-destructive fuel regression measurement & 3D mapping system.